Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hypocrisy...

Hi fellas,

People say being oneself is the best. Honesty is always being the real issue in life. Most people would rather be someone who they are not. Speaking of which, this post is going to talk about hypocrisy. We may have heard of this little word day in and day out in our lives. Whether or not it makes any difference is something to ponder upon.

All my life, I have seen tons of people who I can stamp as being hypocrite. I wonder how does it feel like to be one? For all I know people keep on being one even though it is just not the way a person should live in. Probably it is just what society wants people to be like and to act without realizing the effect of it.

As blunt as I can be, being hypocrite is just a part of human nature. But, I prefer not to let it ruin my life. I have pretty good examples to support how bad hypocrisy is. Every Friday, most Muslim men are required to perform their Friday Prayer. And, I don’t see anything wrong with practicing what one believes in. I certainly have no intention of mocking or making fun of this matter especially when it comes to religious issues. But, there is one thing which bothers me the most. Most of these people, who I used to know a long time ago, performed their prayer just because the rest are doing it. Not entirely because they want to do it for themselves. Now, why is this wrong? Well, this is not only about being hypocrite but also an act of mocking and making fun of their very own religion.

That is the way I see it. Don’t blame me for saying this. If they know that their God is the Greatest and the most Knowledgeable in this world, then why in the hell these people still believe that they would get away from being dishonest and hypocrite. They all know that anything that they do is based on their honesty. They are there not because of it but because they feel shy if they don’t go. Their friends who go and pray would say so many things about those little fellas who do not go. So, in order to satisfy their friends they just pretend to be there. Oh come on… get real. I think they would rather be sitting down over a glass of ‘teh tarik’ than being in a crowded mosque. I guess this is not the only case, after all.

That was just the tip of an ice berg. I find it rather strange when some Muslim people drink alcoholic drinks but scared to death of sitting next to a non-Muslim who is eating a bowl of pork noodles. Why is that so? What, pork is prohibited and that’s why they can’t be near to it? What about liquors and beer? Aren’t they prohibited as well? Oppsss… maybe they forgot about it. This is another hypocrisy which has become synonymous to most Malays.

A few days ago, I was engaged in a conversation with a few Muslim people. It was just a simple conversation but I left them with a pretty big question mark of their heads. I know they love drinking and partying, not to mention girls. So, I asked them where they went last weekend. One of them gave me an answer which was really disturbing. He said that Ramadhan is coming up soon. So, Muslims are not allowed to consume any forms of alcoholic drink for at least 40 days before Ramadhan. I laughed when I heard it. And, this is not something new to me. I knew this. And, I said to them this has got nothing to do with Ramadhan or whatsoever. They stopped because of Ramadhan and what will happen after Ramadhan…? They continue drinking? Now, this is sick to hear because they have no respect to their God and above all to their religion. I just can’t believe that how hypocrite some people can be.

Let me be honest to all readers. You fellas may feel that I am mocking other people’s religions and stuffs. Look around you. Look harder if you have to. People can be whoever they want to be. Nobody cares and I personally feel cheated by how pious some Muslim people can be knowing the fact that they are just plain hypocrite. Wouldn’t it be nice if one just choose to be honest and stop pretending to be someone else? The world certainly is going to be a better place for all. A piece of advice to those who feel the pinch of what I have written down here. Please stop imprisoning yourself and be free to choose whatever you want rather than pretending to like what other people like and want.

Just be yourself…

No comments: